While shopping for San Diego IT support, you may have heard the term “DaaS”, or Desktop-As-A-Service. If you’ve been around the world of business for a while, you may not be entirely sure what that is, or how a desktop can be offered as a service. In this article, we’ll explain what it is and address other concerns, as well.
What is DaaS?
Desktop-As-A-Service, is used to describe a virtual desktop hosted by a third party through a cloud service. While these virtual desktops can be accessed from a normal computer on-site, they aren’t limited by that computer’s storage or system specifications, since all of the work they’re doing and data they’re storing is occurring in the cloud. This allows them a significant advantage over paying large dividends for the latest and greatest hardware for your business, since power and storage no longer become a concern with a cloud-hosted DaaS.
They are also much easier for San Diego IT support companies to maintain, which is why they’re such a popular option. What are the real benefits of the platform, however?
What are the benefits?
Here, we’ll list the main benefits of a Desktop-As-A-Service solution. These benefits also tie into the main benefits of cloud services and cloud hosting, since it is powered by the cloud.
• Less burden on IT staff, since DaaS are auto-monitored, auto-updated and auto-maintained.
• Businesses can save money by investing in cheap “thin clients” on-site or using their old computers. Since everything is being done in the cloud, there’s no need to invest in expensive on-site hardware.
• DaaS and the cloud usually comes cheaper than other solutions. You’ll be saving on both the cost of hardware and the cost of more hands-on IT support. These systems are more secure and redundant due to being based in the cloud, and therefore can save you significant money and headaches.
• Thanks to the cloud, desktops can be accessed from anywhere. That’s right! Anywhere! The primary benefit of the cloud is that you can access your data at any location, with any supported device. That means you can access your work desktop from your computer at home, or from your laptop on the go. With Desktop-As-A-Service and the cloud, remote work and access becomes easier than ever for workers.
• The cloud and virtual desktops are better for business continuity. Business continuity involves a business’ ability to survive events of major disruption. With an externally-hosted cloud service, having an outage or accident at your business won’t affect your data at all, and you can get back up and running as soon as you have an Internet connection.
How can I get Desktop-As-A-Service?
To get it, just talk to a San Diego IT support provider! Many support companies offer desktop as a service, so all you need to do is ask if that’s something they can provide for you and your business. However, not all of them will provide an optimal solution. They may not practice the proper security measures. They may not even have a real data center! Contact us at Spacelink for a free consultation, and we’ll let you tour our data center and answer any questions you might have. You can also read our blog for more helpful posts like this.