SSAE 16 TYPE 2 CERTIFIED
SSAE 16 data security:
SpaceLink gives you certified peace of mind.
SSAE 16 is the auditing standard created by the _American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)_ (http://www.aicpa.org/) to allow service providers to verify that they have the proper controls in place to safeguard their customers’ data and outsourced data systems. Here’s what SSAE 16 means for you:
- Peace of mind: your vendor’s processes and controls have been independently verified by a certified auditor to meet the standards of safety and security established by AICPA to safeguard company data and maintain uptime of critical data systems.
- Trust: with SSAE 16 certification, you know that your vendor is seriously committed to safeguarding your data and your operations. At SpaceLink, we achieve this in three ways:
- Having fully redundant systems, backup system, and power supplies
- Keeping all equipment and facilities fully maintained and operating properly, with full-service documentation
- Maintaining 24/7 monitoring of all operations to eliminate sources of problems before they actually can become problems
- Competitive advantage: when your vendors meet the highly regarded quality standards of SSAE 16, you can represent that same quality to your own customers. This gives you a clear and immediate advantage over companies whose vendors are not SSAE 16 certified.
- Compliance: your customers may be required by government and industry regulations to work only with suppliers who meet minimum standards. Examples include Section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley for the financial industry, HIPAA for the healthcare industry, and the PCI DSS standard for payment card data security. Having current audit reports from your trusted vendor/partners will demonstrate to your customers that you can meet their compliance requirements.